- Sign up for a facebook account. Provide the bare minimum information necessary about yourself when you sign up. You can provide more information after you've finished reading this post.
- Login to facebook. On the top to the right, there will be a "Settings" menu. Click on it and choose "Privacy Settings"
- On the page that comes up, click "Search""
- To be completely unfindable, set it like this (If you're having trouble reading what it says, click on the image to make it bigger):
- Here are the other options that you have for how findable you are. This is how mine is set up
Friday, December 19, 2008
Can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!
I have some friends and family who I've been begging to join facebook. But they resist for good reasons. Their fear is that they will be found by people whom they don't want to find them. The good news is that facebook has privacy features that allow you to stay as hidden as you like. Here's how to make yourself unfindable on facebook. My hope is that after reading this, my friends & family will join facebook so that we can keep up with each other. Anyway, here's what ya do:
at 12/19/2008 12:26:00 PM