Friday, July 25, 2008

The Shack

When it comes to crying, in my family, my wife has mastered that particular skill. I am frequently frustrated with the ease at which her emotions spill over into tears. As for me, in the 14 years of our marriage I've not really cried at all. I've gotten "misty" a couple of times while watching some particularly moving films. And then, just recently at church this last Easter, I got really close to crying after I saw our own local rendition of Lifehouse's Everything Skit... actually I probably crossed the line during that service.

In any case, I don't cry that much. So it came as a surprise to me that I was moved to tears by a book. Specifically, this book. In my defense, I'm not the only one who had this reaction.

I very much enjoyed the book. I will need to read it again to fully absorb it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been getting a lot of friends from facebook starting to read my blog. I'm glad of that. I look forward to comments, critiques, etc. But please do not reference me or any of my family and friends by name. Here's why.